Monday, March 16, 2015

week 32- Working hard in Hamburg


Hey Everyone! 

If there are two words that could describe this past week: TIRED but FUFILLING.  The days seem like to fly by and the moment I lay in my bed, I cannot open my eyes for one more second, but I know that Heavenly Father is proud of me and the work that I am able to concencrate to Him. It is a bad repensentation, but it reminds me of that one scene in Saving Private Ryan, where they look at the christian man and they ask how he falls asleep so fast at nights, when others are sometimes too scared to sleep, and their answer is that he has faith.  And so, not trying to compare myself to him, but I know that at the end of my day, I can honestly say that I am trying and giving my all to this work, and with that, I fall asleep so fast that next thing I know, it is the next morning.
 
 We have had a great week filled with alot of good training from President Kosak.  We were able to come together, the leaders of the west half of our mission, to our stake center and were taught and learned alot with President Kosak.  And I really enjoyed it.  It reminded me of how important it is to accept the callings that the Lord has called us to, and trust in his decisions.  There is a wise purpose that sometimes we do not even know when the Lord asks and calls us to a work.  But I know that we are all called to the callings that we have for a wise purpose.  From Bishop to the Nursery Leader.  And I can testify to that.  I enjoyed the time that I had in the Nursery and even those little guys taught me some very important lessons.
 
This week, we were also to see alot of tender miracles.  Elder Williams, my companion and I, have talked about it between each other.  We want to find those people that are ready to accept the gospel.  When we get on the buses or trams around the city, we have a goal to find and talk to someone and try to start a conversation about the gospel with them.  And we believe that the Lord has really blessed us with that.  These past two weeks, we have been seen 3 people that have made the decision to be baptized and we have been helping them make the dates that they have set.  We also have an investigator that will be baptized this upcoming weekend.  And he is the greatest man and he has the strongest faith I have ever seen.  His name is Yeboah, and he comes from Africa.  Now, in Hamburg, there are alot of African immigrants.  And they are people of faith.  He has been searching for the truth all his life.  He has studied with a full variety of different faiths and religions, and he tells us that now he feels great to know that this church is on the earth, because what is being taught here is for his salvation.  He is so ready and I am excited to be able to see him get baptized next week.  That has been some of the greatest highlights in the past weeks so far.  We have been having a great time here and I am so happy to be able to be here for the Lord for these two years!!  I know that the Lord has so much in store for us and that He is always very mindful of us! 

 

I love you all and you are never far from my prayers.  Please do not cease with the prayers, for they truly give me the strength to continue and press forward.  I want to see pictures!!! not just from Hawaii, but from Everyone!! and then maybe I can send some more pictures!  


Love you all,
Elder Bretzing

 P.S.  You might want to ask Sis. Clyde if she she knows a Anes Kwako.  He was a missionary that served in the Rome Italy Mission.  He comes from Africa and got to know the church in Italy.  He is such a stud!  And he is in my ward.  Oh, one of the people that we have on baptismal date is from Italy and does not know any german or english.  Anes has really been helping us with the translation.  But if she ever wants to try to help over skype or anything, we would sure appreciate her help and she could just go ahead and send me an email!
 
 
                                                         Zone Leaders Training- Hamburg
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment