Monday, September 14, 2015

WEEK 9-14-15 TRANSFERS


Hey Family, 

Well the day has finally arrived.  I have been transferred from Hamburg!  I am going to a city called Kiel!  It is more north and from what I have heard it is like a beach city.  I am excited but it is hard to leave Hamburg.  I have been here for so long it feels like my home.  It is weird to think that I have spent almost 8 months here in Hamburg.  But I have good feelings about Kiel.  My new companions name is Elder Morton.  He is a missionary with alot of energy so I am excited about that. 

So this week was a lot of saying goodbye.  Goodbyes are always hard but I know that our relationship will stay strong.  But let me tell you a little bit about this week: 

So this week in Hamburg, we had an event called "Die Nacht der Kirchen" (night of the churches) and it is a religious event where all the churches in Hamburg open their doors after their service and they allow anyone to come and see their church.  So those who want to see the churches, they are more than welcome to come and see.  Well, here in Hamburg, we are NOT allowed to participate in that.  The committee who runs it here in Hamburg tells us that we are considered "non Christians" (Which is balony) and so we are not able to participate in this event.  However, we decided that we wanted to participate and do our thing as well.  So we had a "Open House" during this time.  We just told everyone that it is not called "Die Nacht der Kirchen" but we are having an open house.  And we gave about 4 tours!  And they were some big groups of people.  It was a really cool experience.  You know, alot of people do not like to talk about religion with us on the street, but they are interested to have a tour of the building and see what is going on.  I tell you, it was really cool.  And we had members there with us and it was such a great event.  It does not sound like a lot with 4 groups but we were so happy that people just showed up.   

It is also very weird to think that it has almost been one year since the passing of grandma.  I hope everything is going ok back at home.  It has really helped me to keep going as I have been improving my prayers.  So that is where my strength has come.  I know that there have been days where I did not even feel like getting up from the prayer position, but we are not alone when it comes to our burdens and hardships.  And lately, I have had a major focus on improving my early morning and evening prayers.  That is where is my strength comes from.  I know that someone is lifting me up and helping get on my feet.  But that continues to come as we do the things and have the desire to follow the Lord and His counsel.  

Ok, so to answer questions:  No, I have not received an email from Jeff yet but tell him to send that.  I evaluated that picture that you sent me and I saw a baby photo in the background of a ultrasound, but that is from Chad, right?  Anyways, some clarification is needed there.
 

Well, I love you all family and I hope that everything is well.  I will send you my address next week in Kiel.  And wish me luck that when I see the beach I dont become a beach bum!

 
Love,
Elder Bretzing

No comments:

Post a Comment