Wednesday, April 13, 2016

WEEK 4-11-2016

Hey Everyone,

Well, as you can tell from the title, this last weekend was transfer weekend.  I am still staying here with Elder Vasai and this next transfer is for 7 weeks.  Which really was not a shocker because I am training him.  So by the end of this transfer, I would have been in Flensburg for 6 months, almost 7.  I cant believe that I have been here for so long.  It feels really short, and yet, really long.  But we do the best we can and make the most out of it.  I am happy to stay with Elder Vasai and I know that we will have a good time. 

This last week we went to the Freiberg Temple with our new convert in our branch.  And that was really fun.  The 16 hours that we were on trains was not really the best, but we got to get to know each other more and most the time I was out like a light bulb.  But the time at the temple was the best.  We had a tour from the temple sisters and then got to enjoy the time and the spirit that was there.  One of the temple sisters is a good friend of mine as well so I got to say goodbye to her before she went home.  But the best part was when we watching together a small little video about the temple.  And boy do I sure miss that place.  I just wanted to cry the whole time and I was just imagining myself getting to go there soon.  I really miss the calmness and the stillness one feels as they are there. 

I was also on exchange with a missionary in Neumunster and so I got to spend some of the time there.  But other than that, the weeks are still a blur.  I have to really concentrate to think what I did this last week.

I am so grateful that I have a journal.  Its not the best and I am a few days behind, but it is just so nice and it is just nice to know that it is not all just one big day, but multiple little moments compiled in one big adventure.  But saying this, it is sad because the middle part of my mission I was terrible at writing in my journal.  So I will have to make contact with some of the old missionaries to get these memories back.  But I guess as well I have the weekly emails, so that is good too.  But I have heard that alot of my missionary friends and old companions are getting engaged and or married or seriously dating people.  I find that so weird.  It is a little scary to go home and to be kinda that odd ball out but I still have time not to worry about that.  

And tell bishop that he needs to stay bishop until I get home.  In august, he can get released. I just had to laugh when I heard that the elders and sisters get fed every night.  I know that there are differences in missions and cultures and what not, and so its not like I am mad or anything, but here in our branch, no one really signs up for us except for on Sunday, and usually it is the same family each week.  But this week, we had a miracle and another family invited us over to lunch during the week.  That never happens here.  But, I mean i still love the members and I know they are great.  I don't understand how it can be hard on the ward back at home, but I will be able to get to know that when I get home.  I think a good idea would to have the missionaries scheduled on a night and then right after, go home teaching or something with them.  They would be able to go on splits then with the ward members and help with the home teaching, but I don't know I am not there yet.  

Well, I love you all and I hope you have a great week.  You are all in my prayers!

Love,

Elder Bretzing  

No comments:

Post a Comment