Wednesday, April 20, 2016

WEEK 4-18-2016

Hey-o Family!  

Well this week has been interesting. I got some good stories this time.  

Well it started off well with two new friends that we have been teaching.  They are both 18 and we talked to them on the street about 2 weeks ago.  Well, we talked to one of them on the street and the other was invited to our appointment.  When we had our first appointment, it was a great time.  These kids actually have a lot of interest.  They have asked some of the greatest questions.  They have already read a few chapters in the book of Mormon, and they mentioned to us that every time they read in the book, they feel compelled to keep reading.  They have a good feeling that comes from what they think is God.  They really have no religious background, except for what they learned in school about religion.  It has been really fun teaching them and we hope that they really want to keep learning more.  I just have to pace myself, so I don't throw up everything on them at once with the gospel.  But they seem to understand what we are teaching.  

We also had an interesting event.  We went dooring to find some less active members and we came across this crazy family who are Gypsies and also are members of another faith.  They allowed us in so that they can bash with us for a little bit, but they were surprised with how much we know the bible and their faith as well.  So they invited us over to their church meetings during the week.  I agreed on one condition.  If we went with them to their church meeting, they will come to ours.  And they agreed.  (unfortunately the agreement was not kept on their side.  But that is ok, we love all of Gods children.)  But we decided to go!  And it sure was an interesting experience.  I have to admit, they were very friendly with us and the moment we entered their building, someone was there to greet us and take us to our seats.  We were seated with our friends.  I remember the experience, because as I was there, I felt comfortable.  I felt really comfortable because everyone who was present was really nice and friendly and trying to help us understand what was going on.  But I remember vividly, that as I was there, I didn't feel the Spirit.  Elder Vasai and I talked about it afterwards and we just felt that something was missing, and it was the Spirit. 

 And for me, it was just a spiritual confirmation that this other church we visited on the weekend is not Gods church.  God has worked the same way ever since the beginning.  He calls prophets to teach his people the gospel.  These prophets hold his sacred Priesthood.  And through my experiences, I have come to know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  I believe, just as taught in the bible, that He came to die for us so that we may one day return again to our Eternal Father.  I do believe that these prophets of old testified and prophesied that one day would come, where there would be a falling away from the truth of God.  They even explain it as a hunger in the land, but not a hunger after food or water, but after the truth from God (Amos 811). And it came.  But they also preached about in the last days, that the gospel would be restored.  And I truly feel that that has happened and that our church really is that church that Jesus Christ established, but now restored and will bless the lives of many.  It blesses my life.  Everyday.  I remember sitting in sacrament meeting yesterday, and even with noisy children, the spirit confirmed to me like it did a long time ago that this is where I need to be.  This is where God wants me to be.  So that was a interesting experience this week, and I was grateful for the opportunity to learn more about myself and the things that God wants me to do.

So that was basically our week.  This week we will be spending the beginning of it back in Kiel as we are having an exchange.  I don't see anything really in the next few weeks were Elder Vasai and I have to do a lot of traveling, so that will be fun and we will be able to get a lot here done. 

I love you all and I hope all is going well back at home. I miss you so much but I know that we will see each other soon! I love you!

Love,
Elder Bretzing


No comments:

Post a Comment