Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Week 8-10-15


This week has been full of good times!  So like I mentioned before in my letter last week my new companions name is Elder sSilver.  He came In with me into this area when we first got here in March.  And he left 6 weeks ago to serve somewhere else and now he is back as my companion!  So we didn't have to go through getting to know you weird week.  It was great we got straight to work.
 
 We have been seeing so much success and I think it truly comes from the small steps.  We made the goal as we had our first work day with each other, that by the end of August, we would like to see one person being baptized.  Now the most important thing is to always have a name behind a goal.  And at that point, we had no idea who we could help.  The next day, we met for the first time a man named Foster.  He was a great guy and from the beginning, we knew that we wanted to invite him to baptism before he left.  He was so excited when we talked about baptism and about the temple as well! That is something that we really want to help our friends with, is to truly go to the temple.  I know that the temple is a house of God.  I know that it is needed today! We have the temple, because it is a place where we can go to receive further help and communication from God. So that was our week. 

We have been learning twi as we have been here and that is super fun. I know that I told you that there are a lot of Africans in Hamburg? Well, when you speak their language they go crazy.  We probably butcher the language, but it is sometimes fun to go and to talk with them in their language.  We can say only basic things like what is your name, my name is, where are you from, how are you doing, I speak about Jesus Christ, I will call you, have a nice day, and stuff like that.  But it is super fun and those people are soooo cool.

We are hunting for a shop here in Hamburg that I can buy African clothing, so when I find that I will let you know. The work is great, and it is going on faster than ever.  It's crazy to think that time is flying but it is such a great experience.


I love you all and I hope that your having a fun time back at home!
Love,
Elder Bretzing


 

No comments:

Post a Comment