Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 8-24-15




Hey Family, 

I'm glad to see that life back at home is still the same, all coming together to watch a movie and no one paying attention.  P.s. The dog looks super old and the living room is obviously different but no worries. 

We had actually a pretty crazy week.  Something that I truly saw this week is a fulfillment of 1 Nephi 3:7.  So about 4 months back, Elder Adler, a member of the area seventy here in Euorpe encouraged all the wards to change the times for their Sacrament to be the first block of the church meeting and not the last block, like we normally have here in Germany.  And that was a trial for some people. I'm remember this entire time it has been a struggle to get this into action.  I love my ward and just like all ideas and suggestions, there are those who are for change and there are others who are not so receptive to change. So let's say that it took about 4 months to get this into action. And as we discussed this for the last months, I always had 1 Nephi 3:7 pop into my head.  We know that when the Lord gives us commandments and ask things for us to do, He will always prepare a way for His purposes.  And so I was really excited when they announced the change of times in the church here in Hamburg.  However, some where not so excited and told us that we would not have that much success with friends coming to church.  But miracles happened and this week we had the most people that came to church!!! It was so cool to see the blessings that come from following the direction from Gods appointed servants! It was really cool.

But with that being said, I do not know if I will be transferred.  I really try not to think about it but I know that my time is coming up here in beautiful Hamburg. If I could get the chance, I would love to go back to the east, to Freiberg where the temple is (but there are only zone leaders there and I do not know if I will stay a zone leader) or I would love to stay in the west and go to a city like Hannover.  But we will see.  Wherever the Lord needs me.  And I know that these transfers are inspired and come from God. And yes I got the package! Thanks for all the sweets!

 Well, I love you all and I hope everything is going good back at home!

Love,
Elder Bretzing
Morning emails to the families
 

No comments:

Post a Comment