Monday, March 28, 2016

WEEK 3-28-2016 EASTER THOUGHTS

Well, Happy Easter everyone!

I hope you had a great Easter!  We had a pretty quiet Easter here. Elder Vasai was not feeling well when we got to church, and then started to throw up, so a member drove us back home and we spent the rest of it inside.  I think he is doing well, just lack of vitamins but today he has been doing a lot better.  So I went straight away to cleaning the apartment on Sunday and just trying to fill my time with some important things.  One of those was cookies.  At this point I already cleaned the entire apartment, so I thought Why not make some cookies.  And I have to say, those were the closest things I have ever tasted to cookies from home.  And then he woke up for about an hour and gave him some food and then went back to bed.

But before Sunday, we actually had a pretty busy week.  We have been traveling a lot to little tiny villages and visiting people that we have been finding.  Whenever we visit this little town called Niebull, we seem to always run into someone who wants to learn more about the gospel.  Last time we ran into a man and when we went back to visit him this last week, we had about 30 minutes before our bus came (because they come once an hour) and so we walked around the bus station for a while and started talking with a guy and he had interest in learning more.  So things are looking up.

I think the best part of this week was to remember what happened over
2000 years ago.  It was something I never really thought about as I was back at home, but this time, I remember waking up and just wanting to read about what happened with the Savior on this day.  I remember going to bed on Thursday knowing that about 2000 years ago, the Savior suffered for my sins, so that I may become clean from them.  And then waking up on Sunday, thinking that today the Savior was resurrected.
It was just a great feeling to think all about that.

Well we have another jammed pack week of traveling.  We will be going to travel to Berlin this week so that Elder Vasai can pick up his iPad.  I am truly loving our time together.  We just seem to have fun and to be silly sometimes, but not foolish.  And I like that.

Well, I love you all and I hope that you have a great time at General Conference.  I miss you and hope all is going well, especially with a new baby around the house.

Love,
Elder Bretzing


No comments:

Post a Comment