Wednesday, June 8, 2016

WEEK 6-4-2106 LAST ZONE CONFERENCE

Hey Family!
Well this last week went by like a flash.  It is weird to be in my last area on my mission and I will explain to you why.  But I hope everything is going good back at home.  Hey, my first question is... Have we heard back about BYU?  Do I need to do anything else on my side?  I havent submitted anything on my side, but if i need to, I can take some time next week to do that.
Ok, so the week started off really well.  My days in Flensburg ended off with a really high note.  We met with the new convert in our branch for the last time and we were just really saying goobye the whole time.  Afterwards, we asked him if he would say the closing prayer for us as we parted ways.  He then started to cry as he prayed to bless and guide me on my travel to Bremerhaven.  He then said after the prayer thank you to me for the things that he learned.  I never knew that our meetings meant so much to him but he said that he learned a great deal about the plan of salvation.  We had to laugh together a little about that, because we had one appointment where we talked alot about deep doctrine of the plan of salvation and we both left that day confused, but just laughing.  I will surely miss him.  It was such an honor to get to know him.  He was also sustained to recieve the Melchesidek Preisthood so it will be sad that I wont be able to see that.  And then afterwards, some of the ward members threw a little going away party.  I was happy for that, but at first a little upset.  I dont like going away parties.  It was first a family home evening but then it became a goodbye party for Elder Bretzing.  But I was still nice and thanked them for what they did for me.
I am in another little branch here in Bremerhaven.  About 20 active members who come to church. My first few weeks have been fun.  My new companions name is Elder Rogers.  He is a great kid and I hope that I will be a great support to him for my last few weeks.  Its funny, because he tries to get me to talk about how I feel about going home and so I always joke that he is more trunky than me, but he is great.  Bremerhaven is a beautiful city and I am happy to end the summer in another harbor city.  It is alot cooler here and I am happy for that.  We really have no investigators here in Bremerhaven, except for 2 Persian couples.  I still dont know their names right, but we will call them my persian friends.  They are amazing.  I remember, the first time I met them, that they wanted us to pray before we did anything else.  Like that was funny.  Usually I ask if we can pray but they beat us to it.  They are refugees here in Germany.  And they were able to get permission to stay here but because of the status as refugees, they cannot be baptized. They are soo ready. They even call themselves Mormons.  They have been explained the rules and are waiting patiently for the day that they can be baptized.  But they have been such a pleasure to get to know and see how they are doing is amazing.  They even come to church in white shirts and ties.  And they are all really so warm welcoming.  Before the end of our first appointment, they were hugging me and letting me know that I was their brother.  Man, what a great group of people.  We also had a street display in Bremen, because the sisters there do one every week.  That is also a beautiful city.  Everyone was making fun of me because I didnt let a single mom and stroller pass me without talking to them.  When missionaries saw a mom and  a stroller, they let me talk to them.  I guess I am trunky.  But that is ok.  I thought it was funny.  This district is definately one of the different ones I have been in on my mission.  But I am looking forward to working with these missionaries.
Ok to the question to mom, yes.... we will go somewhere for my birhtday.  But dont think that I am going to make a big deal out of it, because I aint.  But I will be excited to see you at the end of the month.  That will be a great birthday gift for me.  I also was just not planning on emailing on that last week of my mission and just tell you in person what I learned.  Can I do that? Or do I need to write?
Well, I love you all and I hope all is well.  I always say this at the end of my emails so you know that I am leaving.  We hear from each other next week!
Love,

Elder Bretzing

Last Zone conference of the Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment