Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Week 34


Hey Family!                                                                                            March 30, 2015

This week was good.  We were able to have another missionary leadership council in Berlin and that was super fun.  I always learn so much from those meetings.  President Kosak was getting on my case for not really talking too much so he made me participate.  It was great though.  It just goes to show you  that every day we face fears and struggles, but with the support from our loved ones we can get through them.  And you come to know yourself each and every time. 

The work has been harder.  We have a lot of great people that we have been meeting with and I am always super happy to meet with them, they just never show up to their appointments.  We always find alot of African people who want to meet with us and are super excited to talk more about Jesus Christ, but they all seem to be busy and when the tell you that they are going to meet with you, they never tell you when because they are all super busy or popular. 
 
We have a great new convert in our ward named George.  He is what they mean a member missionary.  He will meet people at bus stations or in the trains, and just bring them to church with him.  That is how we found Yeboah, the man that was baptized last week and was just confirmed yesterday.  And so we talk to him about bringing his friend on tuesday (for example) and he is super excited and says yes.  And then we ask what time, and he starts going off about how they all have busy schedules and that he does not know.  (this whole scenario I give it no justice, but it is super hilarious).  So it has been a struggle to make out appointments with them.  Sometimes they come, sometimes they dont answer their phones.

But I am happy.  It gets stressful over here, but we manage.  The worst is really trying to plan and do your best with missionaries.  That is something that I have been reminded.  We, as missionaries, are not perfect.  I am not perfect.  But, the focus of the mission this past few months is really going back to our basics.  Back to the standards of the Church.  Because that is where we find our power.

 Sorry, I didnt really have that much time today to write you, but I love you all and your always in my prayers!

Love,
Elder Bretzing

P.S. yes I was able to say hi to the girl that Bishop knows.  Unfortunately, I was not able to stay long because we are usually teaching lessons during the time of institute.  

 


Missionary Training in Berlin 3/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment