Monday, October 26, 2015

WEEK 10-26-15


Hey Family, 

This week has sure been an interesting one, one that I do not think I will forget.  But there is a little background story that needs to be added first. 

So about two weeks ago, Elder Morton and I received a phone call from one of the Assistants in the mission and he was calling us to tell us that we were going to receive a mini missionary for one week!  Do you know what that is?  It is ok, I have learned that here on my mission.  A mini missionary is one of the members, usually a youth, that will come and serve with us for a short amount of time.  Usually, it is to fill a spot of a missing missionary, but this time, we were told that we would be in a 3 way companionship.  So we had a mini missionary with us the whole time.  His name is Elder Schlüter and he lives in Hamburg!  It was really fun because I knew him from serving in our Hamburg days and I got really excited when I heard that he was coming with us for a week.  Unfortunately, he leaves back for Hamburg tonight, but I wish he could stay longer.  He is a great missionary.  He has been by far one of my favorite mission companions.  He taught me so much about being more personal and sincere with missionaries.  It was amazing to see him just open up with members and friends of ours, and even during our studies, he had the greatest ideas.  I feel like this week has been such a blessing that I needed.  It was great to have him with us and I was very grateful for what he has taught me.  And another side note to add, it was really fun to speak German for most of the time.  I would say, that we spoke German almost 85-90% of the time.  He wanted to speak English and practice it a little bit, but mostly it was all in German.  Its crazy to think that I am a year and a half out on my mission, and I still get excited to speak German when I have the opportunity to.  And it goes to show that my German is a lot better than I thought.

 
But this week we spent most of our time on the street or going to meeting to meeting.  Either it was a Ward meeting like Ward Council or we had Missionary meetings, we kept ourselves busy. Transfer calls came along this week too.  Elder Morton has been transferred.  I am staying here for another 6 weeks in Kiel.  My new companion will be Elder Lauder.  I do not know if that is how I spell his name right or not but all I have heard from Elder Lauder is that he is always happy and that is nice to know that.  I am excited to work with him and it will be fun to take over the area again.  I still do not know my way around and in Kiel it is all buses so I am still trying to get used to the bus times, but it will be fun.  We had alot of changes in our mission this last week too, so I am somewhat excited.  I feel old, but in a good way. If that even makes sense.  I feel like I have had alot of companions so far.  Most of my companions, I have only stayed with them for about one transfer.  Well, I just counted and Elder Lauder is my 8th companion so I do not know if that is alot or not.   

Yea, when I read that today is the one year anniversary of Grandma's passing, I was really shocked to hear that.  I cannot believe that time is really been so fast.  But mom, the best medicine and advice I could ever give is that she is not gone.  I have thought about it alot.  And maybe that can help Aunt Denise to know that there is no end.  There are little breaks and waiting rooms in life, but no end. And that helps me to know.  It was like whenever we went to the doctors when I was little.  I was terrified whenever you did not come into the room with me with the doctor.  And when it came to that time that I had to go in by myself, I had to think about that you were just waiting in the waiting room for me to come back.  I dont know but that is how I see it. We celebrate what she did and we remember the good things.  And when it is the communication we are missing, then that will only be enhanced with the communication with our Father in Heaven.  That is something that I have to work on better too is my prayers.  Sometimes I am just tired and (sometimes I start off badly by praying on my bed) I just want to sleep.  But by working on my prayers, I have thought only on the good things.  

thank you for the photos and the video.  Who is the kid on the left next to you?  I did not recognize him.  Well, I got to get going, but I know that everything will be ok.  It has been so far, so it will only continue to be ok.  But stay active and I hope you all are going to start having family home evening soon.  I will be following up on that.

 Love you!
Elder Bretzing

 

No comments:

Post a Comment