Wednesday, May 25, 2016

WEEK 5-23-2016 ONLY 5 MORE EMAILS

Hey Family! 

I hope everything is going well back at home.  To the questions from mom straight of the bat... I already gave Kevin my essays so ask him who they went.  Do I need to submit them? If so, where? That would be great.  It would be nice to work in the temple again and I will write that down.  We have to see but that is something definately I will work on when I get home.

Ok, so this week was pretty same old same old.  I am sorry to say that.  We worked really hard and we are really trying to meet with our investigators, but there is really no progress being shown and no one came to church this last sunday.  So its been tough.  Not to mention the weather has just been super crazy, from really hot to raining and sticky and what not.  But we keep going on.

I think something that has been my help this last week is finally getting back into the habit of whenever I open the scriptures to read them, that I have ajournal right next to me to write down notes. It helps me more to think and ponder about what I am going to say and what not. And so I was reading in Alma 38 where Alma is talking to Shiblon.  What a guy he must of been because we learn that he really endured hard ships.  From being in bonds, to being stoned by those he tried preaching the gospel too, and afterwards in verse 5, Alma teaches his son and us the following, " And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye should remember that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trails and your troubles and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day."  Man that scripture has been running through my mind like crazy this last week.  I have not had the trials and troubles of shiblon to that extent, but I have my own trials and troubles.  With the transfer coming to an end this next week, I have been wondering a lot about what is going to happen.  Lately, missionaries have been sent to some random area for their last transfer.  But then missionaries stay for like an eternity in certain areas.  So I have no idea what will happen.  If it were up to me, I would like to go somewhere else for my last transfer.  In fact, I was thinking asking President Fingerle about that in my email that I sent him today.  But then this scripture came to my mind.  God wants to help us and he is willing to do, he asks first that we trust Him, and what He has in store for us.  He knows and understands my troubles and He is willing to deliver me out of my troubles, if I just keep trusting Him.  So in the end, I decided not to ask my Mission President.  I know that He has been called from God to be here and so I know that God will play the role in deciding where I will be for the last 5 weeks of my mission.  And He knows that it is for the best.  So that is like my spiritual thought for this week. 

This upcoming week will go by really fast.  We have alot to do and not so much time to do it.  We have Zone Conference in Hamburg on Friday and then we have stake conference on Saturday and Sunday.  So we are trying to meet with alot of investigators and hopefully we can get some really good appointments set out.  

Well, I will tell you how it went next week.  They come faster than we think!  I love you all and I am grateful to have you in my life.

Love,

Elder Bretzing

No comments:

Post a Comment