Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 27- learning to Trust myself


Guten Morgen Liebe Familie!                                                                   2/2/2015

I do not think you have to worry about a whole letter in German anymore.  It is really fun, but it takes too much time and I do not have the patience for it.  This week has been hard.  Our District has really been struggling with finding new investigators.  I have thought about it over and over again, and I cannot put my finger on the reason why we are struggling there.  I know for me personally, it has been tough.  Sometimes, I get caught up in myself and when that person passes on the street, I just beat myself up and it is a vicious cycle and I find myself talking to nobody that day.  And that happened alot this week.  And it just goes back to having trust in myself and to really learn and grow and not to beat up and be disappointed.  Disappointment is the last place where we want to be. 

It has been a very humbling week, and a week where I have been reminded of how much Heavenly Father trusts us and knows that with His help, all is possible.  And my trust that I have found myself putting more into His hands, is knowing that He needs me to be the District Leader here.  Sometimes, I feel like I am not the right one for the job.  And I know that I should not be thinking this way, and I have beaten these dangerous thought traps before, and I just came to the realization that my trust should always be in the Lord.  For He knows why all happens, and that I have a testimony of. 
 
So this next week, I have made some great plans to really improve my week and to stay positive.  And I think that can really help my district as well too.  So I am so sorry that my email is short this week, but I have alot of work to do and  I am looking forward to seeing the progress and change in this next week.  We have still been having some good appointments with our investigators, and it has been such a great spiritual uplifter to see their desire to come closer to God and that through their efforts to come closer to Him, their lives have been blessed. 

 Love you,
Elder Bretzing

 

No comments:

Post a Comment