Thursday, January 8, 2015

Week 10


Hello Family,


Yup, another week. It is always weird to sit here and write letters because that is me admitting the fact of how fast the time flies. 


This week has gone by really fast.  And what makes our week go by super fast is exchanges.  I went on exchange this week with our District Leader, and he recieved his birthday presents that day so it was fun to watch him open his package.  For exchanges, I was able to stay in Freiberg.  It is always great to go to the Temple's area.  So the Freiberg missionaries have a few investigators and they usually play basketball with them, and so the best part about the exchange was we were going to go and play with them, and they didnt show up.  So, instead, I ended up shooting some hoops and this little boy rides up on his bike and just sits and watches me play basketball.  It is great to know that I can understand about 80% of what he was saying. And out of know where, he would ride away, cuz his dad told him too, and then ride back and just sit and talk to me.  I do not know how to truly explain it, but it was just a sweet moment to know that this little kid wasnt intimidated to talk to me. 

This week, we were also able to get into contact with a former investigator, a family from Africa that have been in Germany for about 15 years.  The best part about it, is that WE CAN SPEAK IN ENGLISH WITH EACH OTHER!!!!! It was great, the first time we called them, the first words out of his mouth were, "Hey, how are you doing."  Germans do not say that.  And so we have an appointment with them this week and I am pretty excited for that. 

Also, a milestone, is that I am no longer a trainee. This is the last week of the transfer, and we are assuming that Elder Larsen is being transferred, but we have no idea yet.  For all we know, he can stay.  It has been a milestone for me to look back and to see the progress.  Now, it is much easier for me to understand what people are saying.  And it is really funny to think that certain people I had no idea what they said, when I first got here, that I can understand them alot better now.  It is a little scary to think that I may not have my trainer anymore, in fact, I could be a trainer, but I do not let it get to myself. 

 
I am sorry to hear about Grandma and it is great to hear that Jeff is really stepping in and helping her out.  Definately, you all are in my prayers and you are not far from my heart. 

 
Until Next Time,
Love always,
Elder Bretzing

P.S. - I have pictures to send, but I have not recieved emails from everyone for a while (I.E. Dad, Jeff, Kevin, Chad)  So I do not know if I could send them out until I recieve some emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment