Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week 15


Hello Loving Mother and Family, 

The weeks do go by way to fast and I do not like it.  It feels like I am running to catch my time and I have no idea where it is all going.  This week has been another good week full of learning, patience, and prayer. 

On tuesday, we were able to go on an exchange, and I went with a new elder in our district, named Elder Schouten.  He is a pretty cool guy.  He goes back home to utah on December 6, so it was nice to spend time with him.  He is a great cook and a really nice guy.  The thing that I really liked about him, was how focused he was.  He leaves for home in nearly three weeks, yet he was still focused.  He was the one talking to everyone and making sure we were getting to all our things on time.  I was very impressed with him and it left me with a good impression for when I am that old on my mission, even though that is two lifetimes away.  We were also able to meet with Rene and Uwe and they have told us in the past interview that they can see themselves being baptized, which is great! They are very hesitant to set a baptismal date, so we are still working with them on that.  They have the hardest time coming to church and we keep talking about church attendance with them, and I just havent been able to see yet what is keeping them back or why they do not want to come.  We also had a great lesson with a Frau Meiwald and we spoke to her about baptism too.  She is the sweetest lady and she does not know yet how she fits in with the church and so we have been working with her to help her.  We also have been teaching an English Class, and unfortunately, we only have 2 people that are attending.  If we do not find more people, we will have to close it down for a while and open it back up next year.  We also were able to get back into contact with alot of our old investigators and we have been able to get more appointments with them, so we have been keeping ourselves really busy here.   

I am still getting use to being the one using my German.  I have definately seen a change in how much german I am able to speak with people and especially with members.  Which is great because I absolutely love the people here in our branch. They have been like family to me, and are all great.  WHICH REMINDS ME:  My branch has been getting on my case about not having family photos!! So if you could send me family photos ASAP, that would be great!  We were promised another eating appointment with our branch president if I bring pictures.  They were all shocked to hear that I did not bring any. (Pictures with the whole family, and anything else you decide too, and maybe the dog) 

The only place here that I have been struggling with is the training. My main concern, is I hope that he can trust me as his trainor and that he knows that I am here for him and that I love him.  My prayers always include that I may be more patient with myself and just express more love.  We have really been able to express our feelings in companionship inventory, and I hope that we grow together and stronger as a companionship.  I really do love him.  Elder Schmalz is a great missionary and I hope that we can both appreciate each other and want to help each other. 

Ok so down to other business.  I have no idea the exact amount of weight I have lost, due to the kilogram thing, but it is probably around 40 pounds.  And I have been told by Elder Schouten, that it will only get higher in winter, when my body is producing more heat.  I am eating!! I promise!  It is just all this madness with walking and Sachsen is known for its hills.  I have been looking for a new suit, the problem is in the European sizes, it is really hard to find a suit for me.  But I am looking and I am trying to find one for cheap.  I will let you know if anything comes up.  And is the hair really that long?  Apparently that is the whole style here and I have gotten used to it, I might get some more cut off this week. I tell everyone in my branch that all my brothers lost their hair on their missions, and then they always look at me and I tell them everytime, Dont worry, I checked this morning, everything is still there.  Everyone in Germany is just fascinated with all the hair I have and I have no idea why.  It is kinda creepy sometimes.  Guarenteed in a lesson, they will mention something about it. 

And the train strikes are such a pain.  The last the weekend every now and again.  And I hope that they do not happen any more.  We are really dependant on our trains and when they go out, most of our appointments fall out and we are stranded in Meißen. 

Well, everything is going good here, and I am so grateful for all your prayers and support back from home.  I know that I recieve strength from your prayers.  I want to let you all know that I am praying for everyone back at home and I have felt assured that everything will be ok.  

With all my love,
Elder Bretzing

No comments:

Post a Comment