Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week 17- learning I cannot keep myself down, must push forward


Hello Beloved Family, 12/1/2014
We have learned today from our mission president that there is no weeks of "ups and downs," just "forward or backward."  So in that, I will say that this week was at a standstill.  It has been tough to teach people and help them make these big steps in their lives.  But I will go over my week.
This week about 80% of our appointments all fell out.  Either people were sick, not home, or because of the holidays.  And now, with the time change and the winter season, nightfall comes around 4 o'clock at it is really hard to talk to people on the streets at night.  We actually get semi yelled at because we were talking to someone too late at night (it was 4:30).  So I am still trying to find out how to really make good use of my time at night when that happens.  I am looking forward to this week with all the hope I have, and the rest I get from the Lord.  We were also able to get back into contact with old investigators that I have not even been able to meet with, and so we actually were able to make out alot of those appointments through that as well.  So this week helped us go forward as well. 
We had a lovely church service this Sunday, and President Kosak was there because Sister Kosak is childhood friends with members of our branch, so that was really fun.  I love him, but sometimes they intimidate me.  And during his talk in Sacrament meeting, he basically told everyone that after christmas, I am being transferred.  So everyone started to laugh and now people come up to me and are saying things like, "well, now you really need to come over to our house before you leave."  or they all said goodbye to me.  It will be hard for me to leave Meißen, but I know there are places out there that I need to be.  But my work is not yet done in Meißen and I will make sure that I am working up until that moment I get on the train to go somewhere else. 
We had to say goodbye to one of our investigators this week.  He is this really nice old man, but his family got really upset at us and it was hard to say goodbye to him.  He has not really been progressing with the gospel, because of his age, but it always made his day when we saw him and met with him. 
If there is anything I learned from this week, is that I cannot keep myself down.  I cannot afford to let my mind go to that place of dissappointment.  This week was really tough, and I really have not yet figured out how to make it better, but I learned that no matter what, I need to keep pushing forward.  I cannot give up.  There are people out there that are searching for this gospel.  I probably will not be the one that baptizes them, but it is not about me.  It is about them.  And if I am not doing my best, making sure that I am obedient and diligent in all that I am doing, then I will not find them.  And that has been something that I learned.  And that prayer always help.  But not to just pray in my time of need, but in my time of joy and in my time of comfort and stillness.  And to smile.  To find something that I am joyful about and keep that in the back of my mind. 

I am glad to hear the story about Scott. I remembered you telling me that he was inactive and I do not want to tell Brother Williams and I feel it will be better if Scott tells him.  If you want to tell him anymore, tell him that Phill and Silka are still married and they have 3 children.  Two sons and a daughter.  They are the best family.  We are actually going over to their house for christmas and so we will be able to skype from their house.  But Brother Williams is really looking forward to getting back into contact with him and when it is ok with Scott, if you can send me his information or anything that they could get into contact with each other.  And it was really a great feeling to be able to sit in his house and see the happiness that this family has, and to think that someone I was related too was able to help in that.  That was great. 
The crematorium was by far super fun, if that doesnt sound weird.  I have no idea how he got the job, but I do not think I would be able to do that. 
Well, I love you all and I will definately keep a look out for the mail.  I have a present for Dad for his birthday and when you recieve it, you will have to ask everyone if they want something like that.  I cannot say too much but you will see when it gets there.  And please let him know that he has not emailed me for a while and I am waiting for his email.
I love you all with all my heart, and you are always in my prayers

Love,
Elder Bretzing

 

No comments:

Post a Comment