Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week 18


Hello Loving Family, 

I dont not understand why but the weeks just keep on going faster and faster.  I cannot believe that christmas is only two weeks away!   

But anyways, alot happened this week and alot didnt, but let me explain.  On friday, I woke up about 2:30 in the morning with a crazy weird back pain (it was not a growth spurt or anything).  When 6:30 rolled around, I couldnt even get out of bed.  I come to find out from one of our members that it is something, I do not know the word in English, but something to do with your muscle or nerve tightening due to the cold.  So I was on bedrest for the whole day.  I AM DOING BETTER NOW. DO NOT WORRY.  Some of our members were great!  They were able to go to the store for me and buy all the medicine I needed.  And they found this creme that is about 100x hotter than icyhot.  I thought someone was standing behind me the whole day with a torch against my back!  And the worst of it all was that we had alot to do on Friday.  But, I do not focus on the negative but only the positive.  We were able to make out some appointments for the upcoming week and reschedule what we needed to.   

One really good lesson that we had was with one of our new investigators, Herr Wihsfeld.  He used to be an oldinvestigator, but we went through our area book about last week, and found him and asked him if he wanted to meet with us again, and he said yes.  We then scheduled out an appointment with him and asked a member to come with us as a joint teach.  Man that will be a lesson I cannot forget.  It was such a testimony builder for me that the Lord even helps prepare our members that come with us!  Elder Schmalz and I were discussing before the lesson if we should invite him to be baptized, for we read his record, and it looks like he believes in the Book of Mormon and that Joseph Smith was a prophet.  So we started to throw back and forth this idea of inviting him to be baptized.  We came to the conclusion that if the Spirit guided us to do so, that we would.  And at the beginning of our lesson with him, he started going off on the random tangent about evolution.  And I have no idea how to talk about that in German!  But, our member that was there was able to pull the attention back to what we were talking about.  And she gave a wonderful testimony, and it was like she was going to almost invite him to be baptized!! Elder Schmalz and I were so convinced that she was going to invite him, (and I am sitting there the whole time just thinking, what is going on?  How is it that our member is going to invite him and not us???)  and Elder Schmalz kneed me pretty good in the leg and that is when I got the loudest thought in my head, invite him!  It is really hard to explain how the lesson went.  We left with him to pray and ask Heavenly Father if baptism is something that he needs to do for him.  But that entire lesson was completely led by the Spirit.  I am really excited to meet with him again this week.

We have also been trying to find other ideas how to find people during the Christmas time.  It has become somewhat harder, during the Christmas time to find people on the street.  Almost everyday is a holiday here and they go to all the Weihnachtsmarkt and just sit and talk and drink coffee.  So it has been hard to stop people on the street and talk to them.  But I try to keep my hopes high.  This week is going to be a great week and I am looking forward to it.   

I recieved a package with two things from Jeff, and Jon Wans picture.  The kid is a stud.  Also, we have a zone conference this week on thursday so I will find out if the package arrived or not.  

The money, I usually withdraw money on Mondays, but to be honest, sometimes it is hard for me to remember when I pull it out. I will make sure to only pull out money on mondays.  It is always from ATMs too, so it is never a credit or debit transaction.  

Anyways, I love you all and I make sure you all stay close to me in my prayers. 

With all my love,
Elder Bretzing

No comments:

Post a Comment